Wednesday 19 March 2014

Fancy Dress - Disney or Panto

For the last couple of weeks we have been trying to create costumes for a fancy dress Birthday party including an Engagement thrown in too.

Theme: Disney or Panto


So what characters did we pick ~~


Billie ~~ Merida from Brave
Me  ~~  Elizabeth Swann from Pirates of the Caribbean (as a pirate)

Mum has been sewing like mad (I really do have a fabulous Mum) creating the green dress that Merida wears when she goes out into the forest with her bow and arrows. 

For my costume I needed a pirate shirt and Elizabeth wears a waistcoat over the top so Mum has made both of those as well.

Three garments on the go at once, she is a miracle worker!! She's 77 years old and I can't believe what she does at her age.

xxxxx Love her to bits xxxxx


She completed them all just in time!!  Phew!!


 
Billie as Merida

 
Me


Billie wanted her outfit to be able to wear it for Comicon this May.  So she will need a complete outfit for that which includes the bow and quiver for the arrows.


So the bow went into production in the 'garage' workshop and with her Dad helping her they completed it with a couple of hours to spare.  The quiver, however, did not get made but will be ready for Comicon I am sure!!  As this was all happening she was also sitting her Mock A-level exams during last week, so life was a little 'frought' to say the least!!




I wasn't actually making anything for the costumes but I do have major input as I do have sewing abilities so purchasing fabrics etc. is left to me and of course coffing up the money to pay for it all, including getting my pirate hat too.  I already had the boots and I just added some leggings to complete my costume.

Oh there was the matter of a present which I did throw together a wire ring for 'Cinderella' aka Zoe the Birthday Girl, who was actually 50 on Tuesday,  (she did go to the ball with her handsome Prince/Robin Hood!!)


 
Zoe and Pete



So after all the rush, rush, rush all last week the party was on Saturday and fun was had by all!!!  80))



 
Billie, Me, Katie (as Alice), Eve (as Cruella DeVil) and Josie (as the Queen of Hearts)



Zoe put her present on straight away and she loved it.  ( Silly me forgot to photograph it before I wrapped it up) hopefully next time I see her I might be able to prise it off her to get a snap or two.


Great fun  80))


See you again soon.



E x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my lovely readers, so do please leave any message, comments or just say Hi!