Tuesday 28 February 2017

Gothic Sutured Heart Necklace

Well I won another challenge, this time from Jenny Davies-Reazor a team member on Art Elements blog.

February Component Challenge was one of Jenny's Ceramic Sutured Hearts mine was a lovely deep red with black base and gold leaf highlights.



I love red so was very happy to receive the red one.

Now what to do.....

I did leave it a bit late starting but I ended up making some deep red and cream coloured spacer beads to go with the heart.

I found some resin black rose beads and some small red pearls and a few crystals. I decided on antique gold/brass findings and chain and my usual asymmetric style.

So here it is



I think I need to get it hanging to give it full appreciation and I have had to rush my photos this morning before work so they aren't as good as they could be.



I hope you can see it though!!

Below you will find the other participants as well as the team members links:




Thanks for visiting

E x


22 comments:

  1. Lovely, I do like the metal tones with the red heart. A great piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely choice of materials - very striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lesley... it was lovely getting back to making again... spurring me on to do more now!!

      Delete
  3. I love how you highlighted the heart with the chain and charms on the large ring. It turned out wonderful! Thanks for reading Art Elements and for participating in the design challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, I'm getting back to blogging again and need to keep making new things to write up about.

      I am enjoying reading the AE blog. Xx

      Delete
  4. I love asymmetrical designs and this is no exception :) I think that the subtle addition of smaller beads and findings in just three colors has made the pendant the star of the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much bairozan. I love asymmetrical designs and majority of my own jewellery is! I did want to make the heart the star so kept it simple...

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful and lush necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elaine! I love the red paired with the white and black - and the roses are great! I would love to see it hanging- but I get it - the scale of the circle is perfect and I like the chain dangle as well! Thank you os much for participating! I love what you have done - and am so thrilled my idea resonated with others!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jenny I really enjoyed coming up with the necklace with your gorgeous heart and I'm so pleased you like it.

    I didn't feel I wanted to write about hearts, but they are a favourite shape for me and I enjoy making them myself.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Texture and chain and beads, Oh my!! I love the mix of beads and chain, the circle component is perfect! Beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sally... I do like a bit of chain...

      Delete
  9. Elaine, I love what you made, the bead choices really show off Jenny's heart! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I enjoyed making the necklace with Jenny's lovely heart x

      Delete
  10. A heart with deep symbolism complemented perfectly by your design and choices
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fun assemblage! I love a long layering necklace, and this really accentuates all of the components. Thank you for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love long necklaces, I made this so I can wear it and I'm tall so has to be long!! 😊

      Delete
  12. Very nice - love the mix of texture and color.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my lovely readers, so do please leave any message, comments or just say Hi!